Chickadee

Chickadee

Thursday, September 10, 2009

No Change Here

Well, I haven't found a new job yet. The "local coffee shop" will do for now. Besides, at least I can pay my rent, right?

I'm getting a little frustrated (again) with these employment agencies. Every day I see the same jobs pop up for two particular agencies. I've applied three or four times for both, but I've never received a response. I've given up; they obviously aren't looking to fill any positions but to get as many resumes in as possible so they can make money (refer to earlier posts).

In other news, I finally finished those "knee-high" socks. I've blocked them and now I'm just waiting for them to dry. I also finished the cabled scarf for my mom. So, currently on my needles are the following:

The poncho for mom, about a quarter finished;
Two sweaters, one for me and one for my sister;
Various baby bootees and a layette;
A Little Butterfly scarf for a friend.


Having never done the butterfly stitch before, I'm intrigued. It's not difficult, but I do have to pay attention, which means it's not a very good TV-watching project.

Hopefully I'll have better job news next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment