Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Let's Play The Waiting Game ...

... Again!

On Thursday I got a message from a job I applied for a couple of weeks ago. I called back on Friday and spoke with the Human Resources person about a potential interview. She wanted me to come in on Monday at 3pm. Shot down.

I told her that I work from 11am to 7pm, but that I would try and arrange something, then get back to her. When I got to work, I told my manager that I had an appointment Monday at 3pm that I'd been trying to re-arrange, but to no avail. To my great surprise, she said that it was fine.

I called back the HR lady and told her the good news. Then I waited in anticipation all weekend.

So, Monday (yesterday) I went in to work for two hours, then left. Y'see, this interview was being held at the company's head office in Waterloo, an hour away. Needless to say, the interview went well (they always do) and I got a good feeling (I always do). Now I have to keep my hopes down and wait for a response, sometime this week. They said they'd get back to me either way.

It's an office job, similar to my last (good) job at Speedy in Brampton. :) I want.

We now return to the knitting end of my life. I went to Shelburne Saturday and took that opportunity to go to the LYS. I ended up buying 10 balls of Sirdar Peru and three balls of Bernat Cashmere ... all for $20! Now I have to figure out what to do with it. The Sirdars are pink and the Bernats are grey. Hmmm ....

I'm almost done the first half of Mom's poncho. I've about 10 inches left. I had to stop knitting the first sweater because I ran out of yarn. The pattern deceived me; told me I only needed two balls. If only I'd read the small print ....

I've started three pairs of socks: a grey pair for my step-dad, in worsted weight yarn, a blue-ish pair (toe-up - first time!) and a grey-ish pair (also toe-up, and both at once).

Perhaps I've bitten off more than I can chew? Maybe. The scarf is coming along well, too. No pictures this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment