Chickadee

Chickadee

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Like It Better This Way

So, remember back in ... May (?) when I posted about moving?  Well, being the people we are (lazy) and under the circumstances, we decided not to move right away.  For two reasons.

First, our trump card was removed.  We were going to get out of our contract because the heat was turned off sooner than the by-law states.  Well, after filling out the application for the apartment, the heat was turned on again.

Because of this, we didn't have a reason to break our contract.  So, we sent in notice that we are moving out at the end of the contract, August 31.

And today, we were told that we get the apartment we applied for two days ago.  This one isn't the same one from two months ago, but it is on the same street.  I like this one much better.





This is my attempt to draw the layout on Paint.  Also, I didn't include the balcony, which is at least twice the width of a normal balcony and the length of the living room + dining room.

Also, my bedroom is much bigger.  And it has a walk-in type closet.  But the window is tiny.  (That's why Dad gets the smaller room.  The window is big enough for an air conditioner, which everyone knows I don't need.)

So, in 48 days (or fewer, depending on whether we move the weekend prior to the 31st) we shall be free of this apartment building with its superintendents that got the job because they couldn't pay their rent.

Oh, yeah, and I have a job interview tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment