Chickadee

Chickadee

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Blech

I hate winter. I don't like being cold. It's worse this year because my job requires me to work in the freezer sometimes.

Oh, jobs. There were two hours on Thursday where I almost walked out of the store. When upper management decides to be really cheap and cut labour, we get a little pissed off. I've been telling customers to complain to head office if they don't like waiting in huge lines because there are only 4 people working.


I tell ya, when Dad gets a job, I'm outta there!

Hey, I finished that cardigan! Cast off Thursday, blocked overnight and all day Friday, sewed buttons Friday night, wore it all day yesterday! Of course, yesterday was really cold and I wished I'd made the sleeves longer, but whatever.


Sidenote: I really hate full moons. Anyone who lives in Hamilton will be familiar with the Sherman cut and that tight turn just before Charleton Ave. (St.? Ave.? Whatever.) Well, last night I was going down the mountain and chose this particular access. I was almost at the bottom, going around this tight little turn (thankfully doing about 30km/h) when the car ahead of me slammed on his brakes. I slammed on mine and I imagine the car behind me braked quickly as well 'cause there was no contact made. The reason? Some *idiot* had driven up the *wrong side* of the road (which is blocked in). He had to back out (and did so rather drunkenly, in my opinion) and stopped in the worst spot ever. The car in front of me kept going but also drove stupidly and illogically. I drove around him and went on my merry way, trying to keep my hands from shaking. I seriously blame this on the moon.

I did start and finish (except for the lining) a felted bag. Turned out nice and I got to work with grommets for the first time.


I think I'll start a Corona today (the hoodie, not the beer, although ...).

I'm never taking the Sherman access ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment