Chickadee

Chickadee

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Roots

We moved to Hamilton from Brampton over seven months ago. I pulled up tons of roots because I'd lived in Brampton for over 22 years. Now we'll see how many roots I've put down in Hamilton.

That's right. Someone got a job. But it wasn't me.

My dad got a job with a company in Guelph. Since the commute is about an hour, we figure we ought to move there. Guelph is nice. My mom isn't happy, but things have a way of working out.

That scarf I made for a friend? Well, long story short, I had to work instead of going to her birthday party, so she's "furious" with me and refused to accept it. It's currently for sale on my Facebook group, "Knarly Knitting".


I also finished the sweater for my sister. The sleeves are a touch too tight where I sewed them to the body, and the hood is a little lopsided, but it's not bad.

Now I'm working on a pair of Honeycomb mittens and a Snowboarder's Hat. And my mom's socks. I'm past the heel, which was my first short-row heel. Might be too deep, but I'm sure it'll stretch.
I finished a drop-stitch scarf last night with some Silk Garden that I absolutely needed. (Insert sarcasm here.)


Which brings me to my resolution: No buying yarn until I catch up on my UFOs. This isn't a New Year's one, just a general, I-have-too-much-yarn one. Besides, I don't want to move more than one large container of yarn. (Aside: As stashes go, mine's small but it still bothers me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment