Chickadee

Chickadee

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Search is Still On

My dad had an interview last week, and was called again for a second interview. That happened to me twice. The first time, I didn't end up getting the job. The second, well, I got it ... but I'm not satisfied. See, I wasn't aware that it was part-time until well into the second interview. I've given it a chance, but I can't afford it. The issue isn't with the minimum wage, it's with the number of hours.

When I worked at a "local coffee shop" a couple of years ago, I worked full-time (up to 45 hours weekly) for minimum wage. This new bagel job gives me a maximum of 28 hours weekly, which I haven't reached yet. This week may be the closest I get to that (26 hours). I like the work, I like the shift, but I can't pay my bills.

Solution: Find another part-time job. Easier said than done. Therefore, find a full-time job and quit this new job that I've barely had for a month. Fine, I'll tell them I won the lottery. (True; I won a free ticket, but they don't need to know the specifics.)

So, I've applied to another "local coffee shop". I may be back where I started, but at least I'll be bringing in enough cash to support myself and my yarn habit until I find the perfect job.

In the meantime, I'll do my 6am shift tomorrow and deal with my first poison ivy rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment