Chickadee

Chickadee

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Thought #1

 Have you ever heard a song on the radio and gotten almost violently thrown back into a memory?

It almost hurts sometimes, that feeling.  Every time I hear 'Paparazzi' by Lady Gaga, I'm tossed back to 2009, working at that donut store, dipping flower-shaped donuts in white fondant.  (That was a dark time, which is why it probably happens so consistently.)

When I hear 'Happy' by Pharrell Williams, I'm back on the cruise ship.  I'd never been on a cruise before (haven't been since, either, but I'm not dead yet).  At least that's a happy memory!

'Eight Miles High' by The Byrds has me back on a Sunday morning, listening to records with my Dad.  It's a good, calm memory.

I've heard of this happening with smells, too, but music is way more powerful for my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment