Sunday, August 4, 2024

End of July Update

 WIPs (new ones are bolded)

Ten Stitch Blanket, Caron Cakes (started 2019)
Sockhead Slouch Hat, Wandering Cat Yarns Solo Cat (started 2019, frogged and restarted 2024)
Oranje, Estelle Yarns Andean Heathers (started 2017, frogged and restarted on smaller needles 2024)
Liesl, Cascade Yarns Color Duo (started February 18, 2024)
Ceciliana, madelinetosh Tosh Sock, madelinetosh Twist Light (started March 19, 2024)
Little Drops of Water MKAL, JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 (Started July 4, 2024)
Havannah, Sublime Yarns Eden DK (Started  July 16, 2024)
Musselburgh, Gedifra Lana Mia (Started July 16, 2024)
Walter's Blanket, Lion Brand Mandala Sparkle (Started July 16, 2024)

Hibernating

Dancing Bees MKAL, Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace (started 2015 - oops)
Daughter of Thrain MKAL, Crystal Palace Yarn Lace (started 2017)

End of month yarn stats:  49 entries, 77 skeins, 25,346.40 yards.  I bought stuff.

I finished Liesl and the hat, but neither have been blocked yet so I haven't called them officially completed.  It was really hot two weeks ago and would have taken forever to dry.  Then I went camping, so maybe this week I'll be able to block them.

I think I need to re-sharpen my reed knife from scratch and re-do the angles.  It's still bouncing off the cane.

I didn't practice as intended, but no worries!  We were rained out and the concert was cancelled.

Here are July's goals:

1.  Block Liesl and the hat.
2.  Sharpen the reed knife and practice scales.
3.  Work on Oranje - it's been out of sight for a few months and getting a little too close to being in hibernation.
4.  Put away all the camping stuff before August.

Oh, boy.  Okay, I know y'all are looking at the three projects started on July 16 - I swear there's a reason.  So, I was going to a concert (Red Hot Chili Peppers) on July 17, but I didn't have an appropriate knitting project, so I had to start one.  The first one (Havannah) was too complicated, so I started Musselburgh (which was perfect).

The only problem with Musselburgh was my needle, so I went to my LYS the next day (before the concert) and grabbed a better one.  And while I was there, I saw a shiny and got it, too.

Then there was the trip to Chinatown in Toronto, which was so close to another favourite LYS, so I got yarn then.

As for my goals . . . well, I didn't do any of them.

Here are August's goals:

1.  Put the camping stuff in my car for the camping trip at the end of the month.
2.  Block Liesl and the hat.
3.  Work on the MKAL (I'm four clues behind).
4.  No more yarn buying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment