Monday, July 1, 2024

End of June Update

WIPs (new ones are bolded)

Ten Stitch Blanket, Caron Cakes (started 2019)
Sockhead Slouch Hat, Wandering Cat Yarns Solo Cat (started 2019, frogged and restarted 2024)
Oranje, Estelle Yarns Andean Heathers (started 2017, frogged and restarted on smaller needles 2024)
Liesl, Cascade Yarns Color Duo (started February 18, 2024)
Ceciliana, madelinetosh Tosh Sock, madelinetosh Twist Light (started March 19, 2024)
Ophidia Hat, Debbie Bliss Rialto DK (Solids) (Started June 26, finished July 1)

Hibernating

Dancing Bees MKAL, Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace (started 2015 - oops)
Daughter of Thrain MKAL, Crystal Palace Yarn Lace (started 2017)

End of month yarn stats:  44 entries, 68 skeins, 22,783.40 yards.  I finished some stuff.

Whew, finished the necessary finishing in time (but barely!).  Went yarn shopping with my son and, inevitably, came home with more yarn for projects for him.  He's great at picking out yarns and projects for me.  Maybe a little to great at it . . . .

As for May's goals, finishing Corvin is literally all I accomplished.  I did not practice several times a week - it was an accomplishment if I managed to get one evening in a week!  But the concert was a success.  Next one is at the end of June.  Here are June's mini-achieve goals:

1.  Finish Liesl!  Seriously, there's not a lot left on it.  This is definitely achievable!
2.  Work on reeds.  I made an excuse of not being able to properly sharpen my knife, but I have new stones on the way so that excuse will be out the window.  I wonder what I'll come up with next.
3.  Continue to work on portable projects (socks and hat).  No finishing expected, just work on them.
4.  Practice, practice, practice.  Those pieces for the June concert may look easy, but I was flubbing a lot of the sections last practice.

I finished Liesl and the hat, but neither have been blocked yet so I haven't called them officially completed.  It was really hot two weeks ago and would have taken forever to dry.  Then I went camping, so maybe this week I'll be able to block them.

I think I need to re-sharpen my reed knife from scratch and re-do the angles.  It's still bouncing off the cane.

I didn't practice as intended, but no worries!  We were rained out and the concert was cancelled.

Here are July's goals:

1.  Block Liesl and the hat.
2.  Sharpen the reed knife and practice scales.
3.  Work on Oranje - it's been out of sight for a few months and getting a little too close to being in hibernation.
4.  Put away all the camping stuff before August.

No comments:

Post a Comment