Monday, September 2, 2024

End of August Update

 WIPs (new ones are bolded)

Ten Stitch Blanket, Caron Cakes (started 2019)
Sockhead Slouch Hat, Wandering Cat Yarns Solo Cat (started 2019, frogged and restarted 2024)
Liesl, Cascade Yarns Color Duo (started February 18, 2024)
Little Drops of Water MKAL, JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk 2/18 (Started July 4, 2024)
Musselburgh, Gedifra Lana Mia (Started July 16, 2024)(Restarted August 28 - too large)
Walter's Blanket, Lion Brand Mandala Sparkle (Started July 16, 2024)
Needle Holder, Lion Brand Wool Ease Wow! (Started August 4, finished August 5)
Stormy Day Jacket, Briggs & Little Heritage 2-Ply (Started August 17, 2024)
Goblin Socks, Hedgehog Fibres Sock (Started March 2, 2024 and I truly don't know why it wasn't added)

Hibernating

Dancing Bees MKAL, Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace (started 2015 - oops)
Daughter of Thrain MKAL, Crystal Palace Yarn Lace (started 2017)(I think I'm going to frog this one)
Ceciliana, madelinetosh Tosh Sock, madelinetosh Twist Light (started March 19, 2024)(I think I'm going to frog this one)
Havannah, Sublime Yarns Eden DK (Started  July 16, 2024)
Oranje, Estelle Yarns Andean Heathers (started 2017, frogged and restarted on smaller needles 2024)

End of month yarn stats:  54 entries, 83 skeins, 26,704.00 yards.  I bought more stuff.

Oh, boy.  Okay, I know y'all are looking at the three projects started on July 16 - I swear there's a reason.  So, I was going to a concert (Red Hot Chili Peppers) on July 17, but I didn't have an appropriate knitting project, so I had to start one.  The first one (Havannah) was too complicated, so I started Musselburgh (which was perfect).

The only problem with Musselburgh was my needle, so I went to my LYS the next day (before the concert) and grabbed a better one.  And while I was there, I saw a shiny and got it, too.

Then there was the trip to Chinatown in Toronto, which was so close to another favourite LYS, so I got yarn then.

As for my goals . . . well, I didn't do any of them.

Here are August's goals:

1.  Put the camping stuff in my car for the camping trip at the end of the month.
2.  Block Liesl and the hat.
3.  Work on the MKAL (I'm four clues behind).
4.  No more yarn buying!!

August, how are you over already??

Alright, so yeah, clearly I did buy more yarn, thereby not achieving my mini-goal #4.  But, I did complete the other three!

Camping was fun (hit up a yarn store in Newmarket on the way - Serenity Knits - and grabbed two skeins I haven't seen before).  I also had to purchase another Briggs & Little Heritage for Walter's sweater (the Stormy Day Jacket) as I ran out during the first sleeve.  That was yarn originally purchased at Romni in July.

Earlier in August, I bought two skeins of jumbo yarn for a circular needle holder, so that's already in and out of stash, project completed.  Of course, there was also that trip to get jumbo yarn for my MIL that resulted in my also purchasing another ball, and then last week Walter wanted me to make him another blanket with the massive Caron Anniversary ball, so I got one of those, too.

I think some of this buying may have had something to do with the medication I was on (coming off it now), but likely not all!

Here are September's goals:

1.  Put the camping stuff away.
2.  Finish Walter's Stormy Day Jacket - it only has 1.5 sleeves, the button band, and blocking for completion (and I suppose it'll need buttons, too).
3.  Finish Musselburgh (again - I ripped it out because it was too big, but I'm halfway again).
4.  Survive the medication withdrawal symptoms.  This vertigo is ridiculous.


No comments:

Post a Comment