Sunday, October 4, 2026

End of September Update

 WIPs (new ones are bolded)

Ten Stitch Blanket, Caron Cakes (started 2019)
Mini Mania Scarf II, leftover fingering-weight yarns (started February 18, 2025)
Cecilia Cowl, Lang Yarns Alpaca Soxx 4 ply Easywash (started April 25, 2026)
Miami Vice, Caron Cloud Cakes Perfect Phasing (started May 10, 2026)
Lace Sampler Baby Blanket, Sirdar Snuggly DK (started June 2, 2026)
Gingerbread Blanket, Caron Anniversary Cakes (started June 14, 2026)
Winter Ribbed Scarf III, Knit it! Multitone (started August 3, 2026)
Back Bay Boomerang, Sublime Yarns Eden DK (started August 31, 2026)

Hibernating

Dancing Bees MKAL, Debbie Bliss Rialto Lace (started 2015)
Cable Car Coat, Bernat Chunky Solids (Bulky) (started February 6, 2025)
Fingerless Gloves "Musica", Laine Fav Socks (started August 28, 2025)

End of month yarn stats:  81 entries, 149 skeins, 40466.50 metres, 15208 grams.

It is September 6.  We've returned from camping and this time we put all the stuff away instead of leaving it in the car all summer.  Camping was wonderful and once I've gone through my pictures, I'll post my favourites here.

For August's goals, I got 50% completion.  I finished the mystery knit-a-long and I was very present several times and really felt summer!  But I didn't finish the Gingerbread blanket.  Yes, I know, I started three more projects - but I finished one of them!  It was a test knit for my favourite designer, and I think it's available now.

Goal #2 was no yarn.  Okay, for real, there was no intention of obtaining more yarn, I swear.  My aunt gave me her mom's yarn stash (I think it was her mom, but I'm getting my information second-hand), and it was a lot more than I expected.  Some really nice vintage stuff in there, too!  Yarn from Hudson's Bay Company, Phildar, Coats and Clark, and original Beehive Canadiana.  Unfortunately, there's a lot of unmarked yarn, too, and two projects that I still have to catalogue the yarn for (no pattern, so I might not be able to finish them).

That said, the yarn stats for August are decidedly not accurate (yet).  But I didn't really mean to add to my stash, honest!

September goals:

1.  Finalize cataloguing all that yarn to the best of my abilities.  (I'll do a separate post with my unidentified yarns.)
2.  Finish the Gingerbread blanket.
3.  Continue to be present.  It's still summer!
4.  Seriously: NO YARN.

Man, it's already four days into October and I'm not ready.  I only hit one of the goals for September and I finished nothing!  (I did start another Warrior Goddess, but I have to remember when I started it, first!)

I did download my pictures from our camping trip, but I haven't fully gone through them, yet.  One week disappeared due to my husband travelling for work, then last week disappeared due to temporarily moving out to my in-laws' house (because my husband was radioactive - still is, actually; I can't sleep in my bed for another few days).  October is slightly calmer, but I have no high hopes for finishing anything.

October goals:

1.  Remember when I started the latest project.  (Which I did buy yarn for, but it's a requested project.)
2.  Start the project page in Ravelry.
3.  Eat turkey at least once this month.
4.  Finish the carton of eggnog we purchased today by Friday (that should be an easy one).

No comments:

Post a Comment